How are Solar Attic Fans Installed?
Although the process of installing these solar attic fans takes less than 20 minutes (if you have got all the proper equipment), you need to hire a professional technician to help you with the process. Since the fans are installed on rooftops and require you to cut holes in your roof, a professional must be present to avoid damaging any important parts of the house. For the process of successful installation of solar fans, the following steps must be followed:
- The first thing you need to make sure of is that your attic has proper ventilation. The solar attic fans expel the hot air but the vents are necessary for optimum airflow and proper ventilation. Most attics already have these vents known as soffits. So, before you install your fans, have a look at the vents and make sure they are in order.
- You also need to decide the optimum spot for the placement of your attic fan. Typically the sun rays are directed most from towards the south, mark the point for installation on the southern façade of your building.
- Calculate how many solar fans you will need depending upon the size and slope level of your roof. This is where professional help comes in. If you are unsure of how many solar fans to install, trained technicians from Everything Solar will arrive at your door to complete the entire process from beginning to end.
- The technicians from Everything Solar will have to take over from here and cut the roof in the right place to install the solar fan in your attic. The entire process takes less than 20 minutes and with professional help, you will be carefree and immediately enjoying the benefits of your new solar attic fan!
What are the Advantages of Solar Attic Fans?
For those of you who want to invest in solar fans for the attic, it’s important to know all the benefits before you decide to go ahead. We have listed a few of the many benefits that we believe solar fans have to offer.
- Curtail Energy Expenses in the Summer Months
One of the most important advantages of solar attic fans is the reduced cost of air conditioning. When the attic heats up through the roof in the summers, the load on the air conditioning also increases. To keep the indoors sufficiently comfortable, we tend to run the air cons for long periods which not only costs us much in energy bills but is also not very healthy for the environment.
The passive cooling achieved with the help of solar fans increases the comfort of your home and decreases the indoor temperatures up to 42 degrees Fahrenheit in the summers!
- A Step towards Sustainable Living
Let’s face it: the biggest reason for these long and hot summer months is global warming. It is high time that all of us made an effort to decreases the size of our carbon footprint and took a step towards sustainable living.
- In areas where it is sunny most of the year, using solar fans is extremely smart. It costs you less in electricity bills, makes use of sustainable solar energy, and reduces the heavy consumption of air conditioners. What more can you want?
- Extend the Life of Your Roof!
Solar attic fans are your best bet against mildew, mold, and moisture. The fans keep a constant airflow running throughout your attic, eliminating mildew-causing moisture. When the moisture is kept away from the attic this way, not only the air quality of your home will improve but the structure of your roof will be stronger and healthier.
- Solar fans also prevent the storage in your attic from going bad and contracting mold and mildew. This means less money is spent on upkeep and maintenance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do solar attic fans really work?
Solar fans, if installed right and get to have enough space according to the size and shape of your roof, help to decrease the temperature of your attic. The constant movement of air through the attic causes a drop in the overall temperature and helps to maintain your home environment.
For their optimum use, they need to be installed by a professional. If you are looking for someone to help you with your questions or the installation process, contact Everything Solar and get all your queries answered by a professional!
Do solar attic fans save money?
It might not feel like it at first, since the solar fans are a steep investment, but they save you quite some money at the end of the day!
The initial process of purchasing and installing them may cost you up to $800 per fan, but in the long run, you are bound to save a lot more than that in energy costs. When the solar fans help control and reduce the indoor temperatures, less air conditioning is required which saves hundreds of dollars in bills.
If you hire Everything Solar for installations, you might even save more with our reasonable prices and deep knowledge of solar fans!
Are solar fans worth it?
If the above article is anything to go by, solar fans are definitely worth it. People were initially reluctant about using solar panels too for the steep investment, but they proved over time to be worth every penny.
You may also think solar fans are worth it if you are an environmentally conscious individual. Solar fans provide a way for you to decrease your carbon footprint and help you tread lightly on the earth while keeping yourself and your family comfortable. The general opinion of every expert technician at Everything Solar also hangs in the favour of solar fans!
What is the best solar attic fan?
According to our research, ECO-WORTHY 25W Solar Powered Attic Ventilator is the best solar fan out there. It performs extremely well during hot summer months and is easy to install. Although, for any solar fan to work best, it must be installed and serviced regularly by a professional. Everything Solar caters to all your solar fan-related needs and puts customer satisfaction above all!
Do solar fans work in the winter?
Solar fans are as important during the winter months as they are during the summers. They eradicate the moisture and dampness caused by the ice that gathers on the roof. The fans generate air that, in turn, flows throughout the attic - removing any source of moisture that may cause mold or mildew in there or destroy the shingles of the roof and the storage boxes in the attic.
If you have any more questions or queries, contact us at Everything Solar for a detailed insight on solar attic fans. We are a team of expert technicians that put customer satisfaction highest on our list of priorities!